Monday, July 15, 2013

Little Intern #2 Baby Name Contest


I can't believe we're already at this point again, full term, waiting for a baby!
I did a baby name contest for my first child and it was a big hit, so I've decided to do it again. I will be giving a $5 itunes card away to the first blog readers to guess our baby's name. We haven't found out what we're having, so I guess we'll all be surprised together. Except I'll find out before you. Here are some helpful hints as to what we like. We like fairly uncommon, unique names.We like the names to have good meanings, and if we can honor a family member in the process we really like that.  And I guess the best clue you have is what we named our first baby, Evin August. Go ahead and vote for a first and middle name.

You get four guesses, two girl and two guy names and the first comment to get one of the names correct wins.

The winner won't be announced till after the baby has been born, and named obviously. Immediate family members are not allowed to vote, although they really have no idea this time. Tim and Evy have the right to change baby's name at any time. Name guesses must be spelled correctly to win. Comment must be on this blog to qualify. The contest ends when the baby is born. Remember, only four names per person. And it's only open to blog readers in the U.S. Sorry.

23 comments:

  1. "And it's only open to blog readers in the U.S. Sorry." ...what? totally slighted!! And so sad because I'm sure I immediately thought of 'the' names, you know something like Hezekiah (hezzie for short) or Aquila, or maybe Matilda or Fanny or... And now I've given all my good guesses away. Haha! Awe, your contest is so adorable! But many prayers for you and your little one and blessings. Lot's of blessings from our God who only gives good and perfect gifts. Xo~

    ReplyDelete
  2. now let's see...
    Timothy
    Laura
    Ellie
    Franklin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Violet
    Hattie
    Josiah
    Collin

    --Sara Cave :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha this is hard! :P
    Rita
    Danae
    Titus
    Judson

    ReplyDelete
  5. James
    Louis
    Renee
    Eloise

    Hey, I'm likely still going to be in the US when he/she is born, so I count, right?
    ~Gem

    ReplyDelete
  6. My guesses are...
    Moriah or Elsie.
    Jedidiah or Seth.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hattie
    Violet
    Ezra
    Abram
    --Sara Cave

    ReplyDelete
  8. This i gonna be tough!
    Lets say:
    Alexandra,
    Eboni,
    Roy,
    Roman.
    I cant wait till the little tot arrives!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sophie
    Tiffany
    Erik
    Elijah

    ~Adair Ladin

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like this game. :)

    Boy:
    Oliver
    Jonas

    Girl:
    Elle
    Brynne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such an exciting time! Can't wait to see pictures of your little one :)

    Girl:
    Bella
    Alaina

    Boy:
    Levi
    Carter

    ReplyDelete
  12. Girls:
    Savannah
    Emelia/Amelia

    Boys:

    Jackson
    Adrian

    ReplyDelete
  13. oooook let's see...
    girl:
    Ruby
    Gemma

    and boy:
    Hudson
    Emery

    ReplyDelete
  14. Esther Ruth
    Eden Michelle

    James Collin
    Silas Gauge

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't care if I win or even have a shot of winning, but I enjoy your blogs very much, Evy. So I'll participate. :)

    Elspeth
    Summer

    Walter
    Robin

    Prayers in this last stretch!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ahh! This is fun but there are so many great names! :)

    Jon "God is Gracious" (a more unique spelling of John)
    Eric "A Strong Person" or "Peaceful Ruler" there are various definitions.

    Michelle "Godly Woman"
    Elsie "Consecrated to God"

    ReplyDelete
  17. ...what happens if none of us gets it right....

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hmmm... fun! Excited to meet this new intern!
    My guesses are:
    Audrey Tia
    or
    Eli Abel

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, there a lot of great names in here already!
    Here goes! =)

    Evelynn{Life} Sophia{Wisdom}
    Abigail{my Father is joy} Lilly{Purity & beauty}

    Uriah{"God is my light"} Travis
    Enoch{"Dedicated"} Dwight

    Praying for y'all! So excited to "meet" the next Porter!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm excited. I'm excited that little Scottlan is here. I'm excited because he has a really cool unique name that I haven't heard before and I love hearing new unique names. And I'm excited because I GUESSED HALF HIS NAME CORRECTLY! And I know that only gets me bragging rights, but I still feel very happy about this accomplishments. So consider this comment usage of my bragging rights. Ok, I'm done now.
    ~Gem

    ReplyDelete