Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Hipster Date Night

Sometimes we pretend we're hipsters and we go on dates.
I wouldn't say my style is hipster. Although I'm attracted to it in many ways. Tim always manages to look a little hipster though. This date night I decided to wear a hipster hat to see if I could pull it off. I never wear hats because I think they look dumb on me. Except one day while at an antique shop I discovered that I can wear pillbox hats, for some reason I can pull those off. And when would I wear one of those? Almost never. If they come back in style, look out world! So yeah, I don't really wear hats. But I couldn't resist trying out this style. So here's me in rare form wearing a hat.

Can't say enough how much I think dates nights are important when you're married.
So if you're busy and don't have time, do them.
If you don't have money to do something big, do something small.
If you don't have a babysitter, get the kids to sleep in the backseats and eat takeout in the front seats.
Make it happen.

And no, we don't love to take pictures of ourselves. But we do love to take pictures of people and since we're the only people we invite on our dates...yeah.

 photo evangeline-renee-winter-8485_zps6cbe68d5.jpg  photo evangeline-renee-winter-8591_zpscd3fd86a.jpg  photo evangeline-renee-winter-8480_zps16e98fe7.jpg  photo evangeline-renee-winter-8605_zps63e3112a.jpg  photo evangeline-renee-winter-8694_zpsd0c8ed0c.jpg  photo evangeline-renee-winter-8525_zpscae2401e.jpg  photo evangeline-renee-winter-8440_zpsda3f558e.jpg  photo evangeline-renee-winter-8429_zpse8fc3a2a.jpg  photo evangeline-renee-winter-8450_zps702267ec.jpg  photo evangeline-renee-winter-8482_zps30fe120f.jpg  photo evangeline-renee-winter-8682_zps00483006.jpg  photo evangeline-renee-winter-8535_zpsc8287728.jpg  photo evangeline-renee-winter-8518_zps8c2b3e50.jpg  photo evangeline-renee-winter-8456_zps59700383.jpg  photo evangeline-renee-winter-8516_zpsc9b927ce.jpg  photo evangeline-renee-winter-8622-2_zps8732535d.jpg  photo evangeline-renee-winter-8471-2_zps230765f2.jpg  photo evangeline-renee-winter-8442_zps00f7481b.jpg  photo evangeline-renee-winter-8447_zps586bdcb8.jpg  photo evangeline-renee-winter-8560_zps0ae29347.jpg  photo evangeline-renee-winter-8507_zps203e914a.jpg

13 comments:

  1. you guys are totally hipster. :) love these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that the carpark across from MBI?

    ReplyDelete
  3. love these pictures! and the golden bokeh in the background is pretty epic, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, yes...date nights are important. This winter when it was horribly cold one Friday we took Chinese take-out up to our bedroom and my husband told the kids unless their heads fall off or they are on fire leave us alone. Our kids are older and can take care of themselves, so we can do that. It really wouldn't work in your situation! Haha.

    Love all the pictures of you two hipsters! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep! I'm totally related to you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So this may be a silly question.. but I have always wondered. How on earth do you take such amazing pics of yourselves. Do you actually do tripod timed shots and run back and forth between every shot? Or do you have a random stranger take them? Oh wait!!! I know! Evin takes them right... wow he's good. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not silly :) We use a tripod and remote timer thingy. Pretty sure Evin could do it, except he normally doesn't come on our dates :)

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! Hey, I was wondering, when are you going to finish your love story??

    ReplyDelete